MN State Fair 2023
AUGUST 24 – SEPTEMBER 4, 2023
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- GENERAL. This is a sweepstakes where one (1) eligible entrant will win one (1) prize to be awarded as described in Section 6 below. When entering the Sweepstakes, eligible entrants will have the opportunity to enter with respect to the one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes as described in Section 4 below. The foregoing is a general description only of this Sweepstakes and is qualified in its entirety by these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the United States (the "Sweepstakes Territory") physically residing in the contiguous United States, including the District of Columbia, (i.e., excluding the States of Alaska and Hawaii) and where void (excluding the State of New York), and are at least eighteen (18) years old and reside in the contiguous United States, including the District of Columbia and excluding the States of Alaska, Hawaii and New York (the "Sweepstakes Territory). Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor (defined in Section 17 below), respective parents, subsidiaries, members, affiliates, advertising, public relations and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the Sweepstakes Territory.
- TIMING. The Sweepstakes "Entry Period" begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time ("CDT") on August 24, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm p.m. CDT on September 4, 2023 (the "Entry Period").
HOW TO ENTER.
a. How to Enter; To enter this Sweepstakes, during the Entry Period visit the Adam Turman Artwork Co. booth at the Minnesota State Fair, 2nd Floor of the Grandstand Building, and complete the entry form and submit it in accordance with the instructions. You may also enter by email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading “Sweepstakes Entry”, and include your name, email address, and phone number in the body of the email. Entrants using the entry form or email will have the opportunity to submit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the end of the MN State Fair.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the submitted email address. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro, robotic, programmed, third party or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- Entries - Generally. LIMIT: One (1) entry per person. Entries in excess of the one entry will be voided. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of online submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. See Section 13 below ("Data Collection; Promotional Materials") regarding data collected in connection with an entrant's entry and an entrant's ability to opt-out of/opt-in to receiving marketing and promotional materials. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all entrants, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of its Sweepstakes suppliers or Partners. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification and background check activities.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or its designee (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
a. Prizes - Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the Sponsor will conduct one (1) drawing. The drawing consists of and is limited to the prize as described in Section 6.c. below. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of the one (1) prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $2000.
- Drawing - All eligible entries in this Sweepstakes received by Sponsor between 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time ("CDT") on August 24, 2023 through 7:59 p.m. CDT on September 4, 2023 shall constitute the Drawing Period. On the Drawing Date, on or about September 5, 2023, the Sponsor will randomly select by hand one (1) provisional prize winner and three (3) alternates from the pool of eligible entries for each of the prizes. All email entries will be printed and added to the pool of entrants to be drawn from. Prize will be awarded as listed in Section 6.c.
The prize will be awarded within 30 days after the drawing date provided the prize is validly claimed. If the provisional winner declines or is ineligible, the prize will be offered to an eligible alternate. If the eligible alternate is ineligible, a second eligible alternate will be offered the prize and so on. A maximum of three alternates will be contacted. If the potential prize winner and each of the three alternates fail to respond, decline or are ineligible, the prize will not be awarded.
- Prize Details –
1 Adam Turman Painting
- All Drawings Odds; Notification. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in this Sweepstakes. Each entrant selected as a potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners will be notified by email. Potential winners of prizes with an ARV more than $600 will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a Certification of Eligibility and except where prohibited by law, a Liability and Publicity Release, a copy of their driver's license or other government issued identification in order to claim his/her prize, and an IRS Form 1099-MISC . The required documents must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time specified in the Sponsor's e-mail. If the potential winner, including the three alternate winners, cannot be contacted within two (2) business days of the first attempt to contact him/her or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner including the three alternate winners (i) fails to return the required documents within the specified time, (ii) the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or (iii) if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner including the three alternate winners may be disqualified and forfeit the prize and another alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received for this Sweepstakes for the applicable prize.
a. Prize Information. The prize may vary from prize pictures and/or advertising used to promote the Sweepstakes. Any depiction of the prize is for illustrative purposes only. The prize is subject to the restrictions and conditions set forth herein. Transportation to and from the destination is not included. The prize consists of and is limited to the elements stated in the prize description.
- Prize - Generally. Prize must be accepted as awarded, and prizes are awarded "AS IS" with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or Partner or for which Sponsor or Partner may be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PRIZES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value if a prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use not expressly specified herein as part of a prize, including, without limitation, transportation costs, lodging/additional lodging, meals, gratuities, insurance, surcharges and other costs and expenses incurred by the winner and winner's guests in accepting and using the prize, including, without limitation, all international, federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Entrants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem or claim any prize in this Sweepstakes. Gift cards, coupons and admission tickets are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions thereof, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. If required by Sponsor, each of the winner's guests must execute and deliver to Sponsor a Liability Release and a Publicity Release in the documents provided by Sponsor as a condition to use of any component of the prize; if the guest is a minor in his/her state of residency, the minor's parent or legal guardian must verify and confirm his or her agreement to the Liability Release and Publicity Release in the documents provided by Sponsor on the parent's or legal guardian's behalf and on the minor's behalf in order to attend and participate. Unused portions of a prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person in respect to the one (1) prize as listed in Section 6.c.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's (and its designees', successors' and assigns') use of winner's name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award any or all of the prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates, and respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Sweepstakes suppliers and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, managers, members, owners and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any telephone, mail, website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor's website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor's website by a hypertext link. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the sweepstakes, if necessary, due to any technical problems, hacking, security breaches or other tampering.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Hennepin County, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- DATA COLLECTION; PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS. Entrants provide personal information on the entry form when they enter this Sweepstakes. Sponsor collects this information and uses it to (a) administer this Sweepstakes and (b) for market research and for other marketing purposes. Sponsor may share this information with third parties who need access to this information to perform services on Sponsor's behalf. Sponsor may also share this information with Partners and with select third-party marketing partners who may use it to contact you with information and offers they believe will be of interest to you.
- NAME REMOVAL NOTIFICATION SYSTEM. To have your name and address removed from Sponsor's sweepstakes email list, please complete email email@example.com and request that your name be removed from all marketing email lists.
- OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available online at https://www.adamturman.com/pages/statefairsweepstakes or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Adam Turman State Fair Art Sweepstakes” - Rules Request", c/o Adam Turman Artwork Co, 6184 Olson Memorial Hwy, Golden Valley, Minnesota 55422.
- WINNER'S LIST. To request a list of winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Adam Turman State Fair Art Sweepstakes”- Winners' List Request, c/o Adam Turman Artwork Co, 6184 Olson Memorial Hwy, Golden Valley, Minnesota 55422. Requests must be received prior to September 12, 2023.
- SPONSOR. The sponsor of the Minnesota State Fair Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is: Adam Turman Artwork Co, 6184 Olson Memorial Hwy, Golden Valley, Minnesota 55422.